Architectural Project Manager
SV Design is an award-winning architecture and interiors firm with offices on the North Shore and Cape Cod and an extensive and growing portfolio of commercial, multifamily, academic, institutional, and educational work. For over three decades, SV Design has been transforming lives through exceptional design, earning a reputation for elevating the communities in which we work.
SV Design is looking for a personable, motivated, and organized individual to join our Beverly commercial team. As an architectural project manager, you will be working primarily on mid to large-sized commercial projects. You will be the clients’ primary liaison and responsible for your projects’ quality, coordination, team management (in-house, consultant, and construction-based), and schedule.
• This is an in-office position at our Beverly, MA location. Any interested candidate must be within reasonable commuting distance of this location.
• A professional degree from a U.S. accredited architecture program or equivalent, licensure preferred but not required
• 6-10 years of professional architecture experience with a focus on commercial projects
• Strong management skills with an ability to mentor
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office are required
• Collaborative, team mentality, and open to listening to and considering the views of others
• Clear communicator with a proactive mindset
• Proficiency with best construction techniques, documentation, and drafting standards
• Detail-oriented with regards to the quality of work, review of other’s work, and field conditions
• Excellent time management skills and the experience to be efficiently productive
• Must take pride in producing high-quality work and be motivated to do your best
• Has full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple projects. Prepare strategic plans for project success.
• Ensure SV Design’s project standards, professionalism, and creativity are carried out for all work
• Collaborate with principals and associate principals to create the best design solutions
• Oversee measurement and documentation of building’s existing conditions
• Produce or oversee design development drawings in Revit from hand drafted SD drawings
- Create red lines for items that designers can assist with
- Create hand sketches to work through design details
• Follow project through DD/CD phase
- Draw/redline or provide direction to more junior staff to produce floor plans, RCP’s, finish plans, elevations, sections
- Coordinate with consultants
- Create and review architectural details in house
- Demonstrate understanding of construction materials and work with manufacturer repsas needed
- Create window and door schedules
- Draft interior elevations as needed
• Work through CA phase answering client/contractor questions.
- Review shop drawings.
- Create and issues SKs as needed
- Attend regular site visits depending on project
• Create project documentation, including programs, regulatory reviews, meeting notes, specifications, construction drawings, and construction schedules
• Demonstrate technical competence of all work and manage code compliance
• Prepare and lead design presentation meetings, attend all client meetings, provide meeting minutes, act as direct point of communication with client, consultants and contractor.
• Manage project schedules and extended project teams
• Prepare and attend town hearings for regulatory approvals
• Review construction documentation for accuracy and completeness, including construction sets and shop drawings
• Assist owners with construction bidding and contractor selection
• Serve as owners’ agent during construction, review payment applications, attend site visits and construction meetings and maintain a record of such, and prepare related documentation
• Ensure projects meet expectations of quality, time, and cost; review monthly billing and manage project staffing appropriately
To apply, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.