• Preliminary Meeting: We will conduct a preliminary meeting to discuss your project and define the scope of work. We will focus on what services you would like us to be involved in and what areas we will be working on. We will listen to your hopes, ideas, and goals for the work. Our intention in this meeting is to learn as much as we can about you and the project.
• Existing Conditions: A measure-up team, usually of two people will come to your home to document the as-built conditions. They will be recording all pertinent dimensions and photograph overall spaces and any unique details.
• Conceptual Design: We will usually begin by showing you a series of rough sketches that reflect a conceptual approach to your space, including arrangement of the rooms, proportions, and millwork concepts. We explore the overall look and feel of the space and evaluate how it interfaces with your lifestyle.
• Develop Sketches: Once a direction is selected we will create additional sketches with emphasis on spatial considerations and style to convey these concepts in a visual way.
• Design Development: Through hand drafted plans and elevations we will begin to develop the design; this is a fast approach to developing the vocabulary of the project. Once everyone is in agreement with the direction these drawings will be created using the computer to show exact proportions and dimensions of all the rooms.
• Pricing Documents: A pricing set will be assembled including an assumption sheet, which will outline the materials and performance we are expecting on the job. This information can be used by a contractor to provide a construction estimate. This estimate is based on preliminary information and is not a fixed price for the project.
• Contractor Selection: We will assist in the selection of a contractor. If the project is going out to bid we will assemble at least three contractors we feel are suitable given scope and timeframe of the project. We will then compare all bids and verify that each contractor is pricing the project based on all given specifications.
• Construction Documents: Once a contractor has been selected we will work to complete the Construction Documents. These are intensely detailed drawings showing exact finishes, cabinet details, trim, and other unique aspects of the project.
• Construction: The contractor will acquire all permits needed prior to start of construction. The contractor is solely responsible for construction, including methods, techniques, schedules, and procedures.
• Construction Administration: As you project is under construction a Project Manager from our staff will provide construction administration to ensure that it is built to the specifications illustrated in our drawings. We will also provide solutions to any unforeseen issues that arise during the demolition and construction process.
• Final Walk-through: Once the project work is complete there will be a final walk-through and punch list to ensure all tasks have been completed to expectations.
• Enjoy: We hope that your experience with working with us has been nothing but exceptional. We like to maintain a working relationship with our clients and hope that you will stay in touch.